Dates are perfect snacks for children because of their high nutritional value. They are rich in minerals and antioxidants which are necessary for the growth of children. They also contain vitamins and healthy sugar. Hence it is a good substitute for chocolate. Dates are so useful for children’s brain growth, strength of teeth and etc. Be sure to include dates in your child’s diet.
Date benefits for children
Date is a nutritious food which is a good source of minerals such as iron, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium and zinc. The nutrients in this food place date in the group of foods which are suitable for children and adults. Dates also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, A, K and niacin. They are a good source of sugar and dietary fiber. This healthy sweetmeat contains fructose and dextrose which provide the energy needed for the body. All of these nutrients are essential for a growing baby.
Babies can take date since the age of six months. In the beginning date can be included in the baby’s diet in the form of puree. However, after the first feeding of the baby with each new food, it is necessary to wait for three days and then continue consuming that food if there is no allergy. Since dates are rich in nutrients, its consumption helps the child’s physical and mental development.
Here are some benefits of dates for children:
- Brain growth: Potassium is very useful for the brain growth and is found in dates richly. So, dates can be included in children’s diet for cognitive development.
- Prevention of indigestion: Dates cure indigestion and improves bacteria or related problems in the gut. The problem of indigestion is observed in many children and because of this, children face many physical problems. So, the children can be protected against indigestion with the help of dates.
- Keeping the liver healthy: Babies are very sensitive so they are more at the risk for viruses and bacteria which can have a negative effect on the liver. Liver disorders can lead to serious illnesses such as jaundice, typhus and hepatitis.
- Treatment of gastric ulcer: If a child has the gastric ulcer, the properties of dates help to reduce this accident.
- Strength of teeth: Consumption of dates is very good for tooth growth and also helps strengthen the gums and teeth.